A stress relief massage need not be costly in terms of time and/or money. Here are some easy massages you can do yourself, in the privacy of your own home.
1. Here is one stress relief massage you probably do already: Whenever you feel tense, gently but firmly rub your forehead in a circular motion, using the fingertips of both hands. For additional relief use one of the gels used by athletes for muscle aches. (Be sure to use only a small amount if you are prone to acne breakouts as the gels can be oily.)
2. You can also give your face a wonderful massage by just sitting there: Lightly touch your hands to your cheeks, allowing the heat of your hands to soothe your tense facial muscles.
3. You’ve heard the phrase don’t beat yourself up, right? Actually if you gently beat yourself you will be amazed at how it releases tension in your body. Simply make fists with your hands and gently but firmly punch the various parts of your body, especially those parts that feel especially tense. (Imagine that you are a masseuse working on a patient.) Only continue until you feel relaxed; there’s no need to give yourself bruises.
4. Have a ball. Find a ball that will fit easily in the palm of your hand and gently roll it on those muscles that feel particularly tight. For some silly fun and a great back stress relief massage, place the ball one the floor and lie down so the ball is under the small of your back. Shift your body so the ball massages your trouble spots.
5. Put a sock on it. Fill a clean sock with small beans or rice. Add some potpourri if you want a refreshing scent. Close the end of the sock securely (you can tie it with string or ribbon or sew it). Heat it in the microwave for about a minute. You now have a soothing heat wrap that you can gently rub on your feet, your legs, your arms or your face. It’s reusable and will save you a lot of money over those stress relief massage packs you see in stores.
6. Using your fingers find the hollow spots at the back base of your skull on either side of your spine. Move your fingers up to the bony spur at the top of that space and gently rub in a circular motion. This will help relax your entire body.
7. To relax your feet, fill a small basin with sand, golf balls or small, smooth pebbles. Let your feet move slowly through it until your feet feel totally relaxed. Close your eyes and imagine you are walking on a calm seashore, away from the stresses of the day.
8. If you are prone to sinus trouble, you’ll love this simple solution: Place your fingertips at the top of the bridge of your nose, on either side. For your upper sinuses, slowly rub your fingertips along the top of your eyebrows. For the lower sinuses, use your fingers to slowly trace down both sides of the bridge of your nose then out along the cheekbones. Repeat as necessary.
Stress relief massage can be a very easy and quick way to recharge yourself in the middle of your busy day. Next time you feel keyed up; try one or more of these techniques. You’ll feel better almost instantly.
Panic Attacks — End Them Forever
Do you have the common symptoms of panic attacks? If you feel unable to cope, there’s an answer.
Panic Away has helped thousands of people to free themselves from the overwhelming feelings of panic attacks, so that they can live a normal life.
Become anxiety and fear-free, with Panic Away.